Tuesday 8 December 2009

french fries and garlic butter

I don't know what to expect once I head home for good. But there are three main things that I have been pondering on... it may seem rather immature but... oh well.. I'm currently a bum and I am, most of the time, moulding on Cumberland street. So...

Item no.1:

One thing that I'm looking forward to is losing weight and getting back to the old me and staying away from over sized t-shirts and trackies.

I'm excited about getting back to the much FASTER paced KL lifestyle. I think I've been stuck behind for the passed 2.5 years and I have to catch up again. Back to being the city girl and that is one thing I can't wait for, to be honest. I can't wait for sales, shoes, clothes, bags, clubbing, concerts, road trips, late night bumming in parks, coffee till 3am and mamaks at some un-Godly hour.

Item no.2:

The 'exciting' world of job hunting... the rat race... the money chasing. Whatever you call it, I'm still an underdog as I have almost next to no experience what-so-ever. At least, its my own country and I do not have to be subjected to annoying red tapes such as work permits etc.

I am freaking out but I have to start and I have to start asap. Why? Like every oil infested red blooded Malaysian.. I am ultimately broke. I do not have a generous father and I have materialistic and adventurous needs such as shoes, gym and travelling. And in order to achieve all that, I need a job to get money.

Item no.3:

I need money to move out. After staying away from home for the passed 5 years, I don't know if I can take staying at home for long periods of time. Don't get me wrong. I love my mother and sisters and (occasionally) my dramatic brother. But I don't think I can stand living in that hyper tension world without blowing up and (maybe) regretting my not so nice words. I need some sort of shelter I call my own.

I mean, there is no place for me at the moment. I have to share a room with my MOTHER. A girl at the age of 23 (turning 24 in 2 months) and living with her mother in HER ROOM is not cool... mentally and emotionally.

-----

Conclusion:

Do you see a common trend here? They ALL require freaking money!!!
So..

I WILL GET A JOB BY MY BIRTHDAY!!!
or I will be one miserable, over weight 24 year old in her over-sized t-shirt and trackies, sitting on her mother's sofa, watching Astro and munching on pasar malam food.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

let's hit the gym together when you are back. i am in one though but i haven't gone for awhile :)

see you soon huns. let me know when you are ready to hit the job hunting and i'll try my best to give you the contacts :)

-astrid-